A Government employee should not abuse his position, instead make use of it to do good deeds and be thankful to God Almighty.
Based on Republic Act No. 6713, Section 4, these are the Norms of Conduct of Public Officials and Employees.
Every public official and employee shall observe the following as standards of personal conduct in the discharge and execution of official duties.
- Commitment to Public Interest. Always show positive attitude in your job. Never allow your personal interest to interfere in your work. Always put the client first in all situations.
- Professionalism. Perform your job in the best that you can so your clients will be satisfied in your service.
- Justness and Sincerity. Be honest and sincere. Provide good service to your clients and be fair.
- Political Neutrality. Do not get involved in any political party. Provide services to the clients regardless of their political affiliation. Respect everyone’s differences and rights.
- Responsiveness to the Public. Entertain the clients with high respect. Always give them proper attention based on the help they need.
- Commitment to Democracy. Believe and practice democratic way of life. Respect the Constitution which serves as the bible of all citizens.
- Simple Living. Just live appropriate to your income. Don’t pursue something beyond your means/ capacity. Live with simplicity but with honor and integrity.
There are a lot of things we can do to enhance our value of work, such as reading, research and joining seminars and trainings. It can help us analyze and understand situations in our work place. It is also one way to equip ourselves in possibilities that may happen in the future.
The most important thing is to establish harmonious relationship with your colleagues and clients. Be open-minded and most of all love your work.
By: Anabelle B. Miquiabas
Administrative Aide IV