The Planning and Research Section of DepED, Malaybalay City Division conducted its Orientation on the Updating of Learners Information System (LIS) Learners Registry for the beginning of School Year 2014-2015 on June 17 to familiarize the school LIS coordinator on the cloud-based submission of enrolment data using LIS website.
For this school year, registration of new learners and updating of enrollment data shall be governed by the following guidelines (source: LIS website):
- Class Advisers shall be responsible for updating enrollment and learner data in the LIS. They must ensure that information in their respective class registry/ies are updated and accurate.
- Enrollment data in the LIS must be based on learners who actually reported in school from the date of school opening i.e. June 2, 2014. In enrolling learners in the LIS, the “Date of First Attendance” must be entered. This refers to the actual date the learner reported in school for the current school year (this is not the registration or enrollment date).
- The cutoff date for reporting “annual enrollment” is the Friday (June 6, 2014), of the week of school opening. This annual enrollment is the total number of learners who reported in school and attended classes from school opening to the cutoff date (June 2-6, 2014). These data constituting the annual enrollment will be entered in the LIS only until July 11, 2014. After this date, the annual enrollment data will be automatically pushed to the enrollment summaries in the EBEIS. These summarized data in the EBEIS shall serve as official basis for the 2015 budget execution.
- Late enrollees are learners who reported in school after the June 6, 2014 cutoff date. These data will be encoded in the system including their “Date of First Attendance” after the enrollment data of June 2 to 6 have been entered in the system. In order to maintain an updated learner registry, late enrollees can still be encoded in the system even beyond the July 11, 2014 deadline for encoding annual enrollment data.
- Additional enrollment data referred to as “enrollment tags” shall be collected and these are the following:
- CCT Recipient refers to learners whose families are recipients of the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) under the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- ALIVE refers to learners who are enrolled in Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education classes.
- Balik-aral refers to learners who finished a grade level, stopped schooling and enrolled in the next grade level after a year or more as of the enrollment cutoff date i.e. June 6.
- Repeater refers to learners who failed or left a particular grade level in any previous school year and are enrolled in the same grade level where they left or failed, as of the enrollment cutoff date i.e. June 6.
The Division ICT Coordinator has created a group named LIS Group – DepEd Malaybalay on Facebook to serve as Help Desk during the encoding of enrolment data so that clarifications and queries will be given solutions anytime and anywhere.
By: Lucilyn M. Cahucom