1 – Suggested SBM SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAM activities to be integrated in NATIONAL MAINTENANCE WEEK i.e.
- School and Classrooms inspection for safety, sanitation,ventilation, proper lighting and seating arrangements.Elimination of unnecessary furniture and bulletin boards inside the classroom is advised.
- Refurbish and sanitize School Offices and classroom lavatories, Canteens, Lunch and Feeding Centers, School Clinics and the entire premises to reinforce advocacies on DENGUE – PREVENTION and other water-borne diseases prevention.
- Construction or renovation of Indoor/Outdoor Handwashing and Toothbrushing (Essential Health Care Program-EHCP) facilities for group activities ,and provide adequate water supply for drinking and handwashing. (Reg’l. Memo. No. 36 s. 2014,DepEd Memo no. 124 s. 2013 and Division Memo no. 124 s. 2013).
- Revitalize FOOD PRODUCTION Projects and organic farming / GULAYAN SA PAARALAN for year – round food supply to complement School – Based Feeding Program.
- Sanitize and maintain safe WASTE DISPOSAL AREA and practice waste segregation, composting and practice 5Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle, repair, rethink).
2 – Identify stakeholders of ADOPT A SCHOOL and SCHOOL-BASED FEEDING PROGRAM (SBFP) “Hot Meals for 100-120 feeding days” for provision of commodity or financial support. (DepEd Order no. 54 s. 2013) Submission of List of school’s identified partners due May 26,2014, Attn: Analy L. Ocier EPS –Division SBFP Focal Person.
1 – Division Orientation of School Heads/Focal person on 2014-2015 DepEd – DSWD School – Based Feeding Program.
2 – Height and Weight Measurement of pupils/students and personnel .Consolidated Baseline Nutritional Status reports submission not later than June 20,2014, to the Office of the District Supervisors.
3 – Submission of Masterlist of Beneficiaries for School-based Feeding Program (SBFP) Division Office Attn: Analy L. Ocier EPS – Division SBFP Focal Person June 23, 2014. (see enclosed SBFP Forms 1 and 2)
4 – Proposed Essential Health Care Program (EHCP) signing of Memorandum of Agreement between DepEd, Division of Malaybalay City and Malaybalay City Government.
5 – School reproduction and distribution of Individual Health Examination Cards to Kindergarten,/Grade I and Grade VII Students , transferees and T/NT Personnel for annual health profiling.
1 – 1st round Mass deworming of students –School consolidated reports shall be submitted to the Office of the District Supervisors on or before July 25, 2014.
JULY- AUGUST 2014 – Commencement of 2014 School-Based Feeding Program.
OCTOBER – Midline Nutritional Assessment of Wasted and Severely Wasted pupils and SBFP beneficiaries
- School Consolidated report due October 24, 2014, submitted the Office of the District Supervisors.
June – October (1stsemester) – Health personnel conduct school visitations, Health and Nutrition Program monitoring,evaluation,provision of health services and technical assistance on health and nutrition.
shns/nld/2014Posted in School Health BUZZ Corner